Saturday, January 9, 2010

damn, actually a roadie


Damn, I have to be fast now...
Cyclocross was fun. A lot of fun, but I realize that I have no hope of advancing by doing what I did last summer and just riding. I need to compete on the road to give myself a chance of riding into the A's this next cross season. As much as I like cross and have told myself I'm not a roadie, it's slowly coming to that. At this point I'm just biding my time and conditioning for next cross season.

Ok, enough about cyclocross. Road season is coming up soon (as in the first race is 5 weeks from TODAY)! While I in no way feel prepared for it that's good. It's base building time and I shouldn't feel ready to race. That being said I keep looking around at all the other racers putting in 12+ hours per week on the bike and get kind of nervous that I'm not at that stage. Oh well, it all works out right?

We're still working on getting all the club stuff worked out with the school. The team kit order will HOPEFULLY be going out soon so we can wear that for a few of the races before schools gets out. Other than that, the semester kicks off tomorrow, somehow corresponding with a significant increase in my blood pressure.

Things to look forward to: rollers, spin classes (yuck) and the inevitable homework. Let second semester of junior year begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment