Wednesday, January 27, 2010

good stuff

Great weather, ahead on homework, sponsored New Orleans trip and described as "a beast," life's been pretty good to me recently.

First of all, the weather has been off the wall the past week! Saturday started as foggy and nasty but turned into a sunny 60 degree day. Sunday, in true Portland fashion, promptly returned to rain. Monday, flipping cold and wet. Tuesday and Wednesday: great weather, sunny, 'warm' and dry. Portland, you're an awesome city but you need to get you s*** together in the weather department!

There's this really funny phenomenon that happens fairly often in my life; no matter how much homework, riding and other stuff I have to take care of it seems like it always gets done ways ahead of schedule, even when it seems impossible. Take for example this last weekend: I barely did any homework until Sunday evening and I managed to complete 4 huge homework assignments, 2 projects, work 6 hours, read 50 pages of handouts my Marriage class AND get 2 good workouts in. Honestly, I don't know where all the time came from but I'm not complaining.

Next: New Orleans. I've decided to go. While it may be incredibly stressful and I don't get to ride for at least 4 days (probably 5) it'll be a worthwhile experience. Initially, the cost was a major deterrent but Acumed (a local biomedical engineering company) hopped on board and offered to pay our entire registration fee to the conference. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me. THANK YOU ACUMED!

Below is the excerpt from an email that was forwarded to me. As I was reading the previous messages to get an idea of the history of the message when I stumbled across this: "On the cycling front, the guy is a beast... rides a carbon fiber Scott... raced 'cross this past Fall and got bumped into the B's, as he was a newcomer I think..." I know it's not much and I'm not really looking for anything but it's interesting to hear other people's take on things when you have a different view (aka, I have a damn long way to go before I'm competitive/at the level I want to be).


Cruising along on today's ride:

No comments:

Post a Comment