Friday, April 23, 2010

ACUMED!!

I got the Acumed internship!  I interviewed with them last Thursday and got the call on Monday.  When I picked up the phone and they told me I had the position I almost reacted the way one of my female engineering friends ('Andrea' in the New Orleans blog) would have:  jumping, celebrating, hitting everything I saw and just generally acting like I was on crack.  Anyway, with this job everything kind of fell into place.  I was really torn between Walla Walla and Portland (but not really).  Walla Walla would have been nice because I would have had access to a car, readily accessible training partners, an easy job with connections and it's Walla Walla: everything is close.
That being said I knew that Portland was a better fit for me because the company here was a biomedical one, I'd have access to employee pricing through the bike shop, it's Portland, there's better training and racing opportunities here, my internship would further my career AND, oh yeah, it's Portland.

Anyway, I was psyched when I got the call.  That's about the end of the story.  I'm going to be in Portland, working for Acumed in the elbow division their Product Development team (picture of one of their plates above) and just enjoying life.  Oh yeah, and I get to turn 21 in Portland.  That's always a plus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I saw this while googling and I was wondering if you have any advice to give. I have an interview tomorrow for the Acumed internship and I'm quite nervous! =) So if you have any advice or tips please let me know! I hope you see this in time! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete